Sunday, November 13, 2011

Like a kid at a candy store

I'm talking about Sephora. It's beauty heaven conveniently packed into a store. The color, the smell, the atmosphere, and the ridiculously long lines. I had an hour to spare before heading back to a work evening at night and there have been a few things on my list that I had wanted, but didn't had the time or chance to pick it up.

 Left to right: Fresh Sugar rose Party favors, Benefits feelin' cheeky stains, & beauty insider gift


Fresh Sugar Rose Party favors $28
Left to right: Soy face cleanser, Supernova mascara, high noon freshface glow, and sugar rose tinted lip treatment SPF 15

I've had friends who adore Fresh's lip treatments especially the sugar ones, and I was recommended by a close girlfriend to give it a try.  What have I got to lose? (I'm a lip junkie) My thoughts:

soy face cleanser: it's an off white, almost gel like cleanser, it's great for all skin tones and it's "suppose" to remove make up as well as impurities. Personally after washing my makeup off I wasn't too thrilled. I still had a thumb sized makeup stain on the inner corner of my eyes. Maybe I didn't rub well enough?

Supernova mascara: i love love mascaras, the darker the better, but not so dark to the point I get clumpy spider lashes. it's suppose to lengthen as well as thicken your eyelashes. Plus i ran out, this will def. come in handy.

High noon freshface glow: it's a bronzer, personally I don't wear a lot of make up. Just sunscreen, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick/lip gloss. The basics, this is suppose to give your skin a sun kissed glow. I'm a firm believer on less is more. Make up is suppose to enhance your natural features, NOT cover them. Plus most days I'm in class 10-7 I'm not going to paint my face full of makeup. Only when I go to work, go to social gatherings, and whatnot. This is going to be re gifted, I have no use for it.

Sugar rose tinted lip treatment SPF 15: this has a faint smell I can't pinpoint what it is exactly, but its nice. It's a rosy color, when applied it does look like my lips were slightly bitten. The color is buildable, but because I'm a paler than most Asians, I'll keep it light.

Overall: I think it's worth a try for $28 you get 4 products. What I love about mini's is being able to try several products, that I may or may not like, without buying full sized products.

Benefit Cheeky stains $15
Left to right: Posie tint, High beem, and Benetint

I've been dying to try these, but Sephora.com is constantly sold out of these!!! These double as lip and cheek stains, it's like shooting two birds with one stone. Like I said I'm not a fan of too much make up, but as winter time approaches, there's a possibility that I might look Eskimo pale. I wanted to try something that would give me a soft rosey glow. After countless YouTube videos, make up reviews, I decided for $15 it's worth a shot. Retail price for a full size bottle runs $23-26. These are benefit's best sellers too!

Posie tint: it's a poppy pink like color, I did not notice a difference in my cheek when used. But looks great as a lip stain

High beem: the god of all goddesses, gives a light sun kissed glow on the area's where the sun would naturally hit your face. Very subtle I like!

Benetint: At first I was skeptically because this is a berry colored stain, almost like vampy RED, but when applied and blended out it is the most gorgeous glow on your skin. It's like being five and you finally see your aunt that you haven't seen in over a year, and she's like "You are so cute, let me pinch your cheeks!" It's seriously like someone pinched my cheeks and left a pretty color behind.


Overall: I don't think I'd pick up the full size bottles, but I would def. pick up these sample sizes, even though each bottle is roughly 4.0 ml I think I could get a lot of uses out of these!




I finally got around to redeeming my beauty insider points, at 500 points you get these exclusive sized samples that change every so often. I got another soy face cleanser ( possible regift), black tea age delay cream, and a mini sized rose lip tint. How frickin adorable is that mini lip tint ?? This is going to be put inside my clutches when I go out! And I scored 20% during the VIP sale, can't get any better than that!

Hope you guys had an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment